Its two o'clock in the morning. Its actually two o'four. I can't sleep again. I think about death in the middle of these nights. Where I can't sleep. Its funny how much I think about the great sleep while I can't sleep. I smoke a cigarette. The house makes a funny noise. I get paranoid. I have an irrational fear of something supernatural occuring. A spirit or a demon or something. It could be anything. So I don't move because I've got it set in my mind that if I don't its a better chance of whatever it is won't find me. I can make a noise coming out of a door of room because of the former reason. So I lie there now perspiring. There are unidentified sounds of footsteps. I don't ever turn my back to the door. Ever. I feel it getting closer. Of course it isn't because whatever I think it is isn't really anything at all. However, when I'm alone in my room in the middle of the night and all my roomates passed out several hours ago so they wouldn't even hear my posession.
My bedroom door opens slowly. It opens with a creak and a creepiness that I can't describe. You're never scared of the same thing in the movies but when it happens to you it makes it different. It makes it domestically disturbing. So you try to find a way to kid yourself into thinking that theres a good explaination why the door just open. Its been ten seconds and there is no one there. If it was one of my roomates they would have entered by now. Or maybe there just making a joke. Its not funny to me but that would be the funny part wouldn't it? I wait there for a minute, contemplating the speed I would have to produce to get to the lightswitch. The spirits are repelled by light...apparently. I don't know about these conditions anymore. What if all the these rules are bullshit. I'm full of shit all the time. Why wouldn't I be when its important. When I'm about to be possessed by a pissed of spirit. I put my legs up and sling shot my body towards the lightswitch. My hands rub the wall in a big stroke and the lights come on with a relieving brightness.
I peer out the ajar door with all the balls that I have and I am not attacked. I slowly shut the door quickly and turn my DVD player on. I lay back down surrounding myself in covers. I shut the light out again and watch some "Scrubs." The door opens again. My window is open. Its just the suction of the outside air mixing with the inside air...apparently.
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You need a nightlight.
Post a Comment